By Dan Fernandez, Brian Peek
How do you want to construct an Xbox video game, use your Nintendo Wiimote to create an digital whiteboard, or construct your individual peer-to-peer program? Coding4Fun is helping you take on a few cool software program and tasks utilizing various languages and loose Microsoft software program. you can now code for enjoyable with C#, VB, ASP.NET, WPF, XNA video game Studio, Popfly, in addition to the Lua programming language.
should you like to tinker, yet don't have time to determine all of it out, this publication provides transparent, step by step directions for construction ten artistic initiatives, including:
* Alien Attack: Create a 2nd the image of area Invaders with XNA for the computer, Xbox 360, and Zune
* LEGO Soldier: Create an motion video game utilizing Popfly with a custom-built digital LEGO character
* World of Warcraft RSS Feed Reader: Use WoW's customizable interface to have feeds pop up whereas you're gaming
* InnerTube: obtain YouTube video clips immediately and convert them to a dossier structure for off-line viewing
* PeerCast: flow video documents from any PC
* TwitterVote: Create customized on-line polls on Twitter
* WHSMail: construct an internet site with ASP.NET for home windows domestic Server that permits you to view the messages saved on a working laptop or computer with Outlook
* "Wiimote" managed Car: Steer your remote-controlled automobile by means of tilting the Wii distant controller left and right
* Wiimote Whiteboard: Create an interactive whiteboard utilizing a Wii Remote
* Holiday Lights: Synchronize your vacation gentle exhibit with track to create your personal mild show
the appropriate present for any developer, Coding4Fun exhibits you the way to take advantage of your programming talents in new and enjoyable ways.
"This publication is astounding! The scope is so splendidly huge that anybody who has an curiosity in designing video games at any point should still learn this book."
-- Alex Albrecht, writer of Diggnation / absolutely Rad express / venture Lore